Updated March 25,2014
Personal Information Collected Online
County Commerce Bank does not require you to disclose any personally identifying information through our website. We only have access to /collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contract from you.
Other Information Collected Online
“Other information” is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, IP address and information collected through cookies.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We may collect and user Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, to include the date and time you access our website, internet address of the website from which you linked to us, operating system version and internet browser type and version. This information enables us to understand how customers use our site, ensures that our site functions properly and for security reasons.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site and pages visited. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visits and the pages that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes of calculation Site usage and administering the Site.
Links to Non-County Commerce Bank (third party) sites
This information does not reveal your identity; the information enables us to understand how customers use our site, to improve our site’s design and functionality, and to effectively improve our site’s information.
Sending E-mail to County Commerce Bank
E-mail sent to us may not be secure, therefore, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as social security or account numbers to us via an unsecured e-mail. Such communications should be sent to us via postal mail or you may call 805-485-7600 or visit one of our branches.
Online Banking – Security
We take precautions to safeguard your information. County Commerce Bank safeguards your personal information online by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your personal information such as User IDs, Passwords, and account information over the Internet. As a security measure, you may access your account information only from our website and only if you have registered with County Commerce Bank online banking. To verify the security of our Site look for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. For more information on the security of our online baking program, visit our Online Banking Services section on our website.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SAVE YOUR PASSWORD IN YOUR BROWSER!
County Commerce Bank’s website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of non-affiliated third parties to which our Site may link.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
Your Access To and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the e-mail address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.